Six Konecranes 16W Rubber Tyred Gantry (RTG) Cranes were commissioned and handed over to APMT Apapa in September 2021 by the Paterson Simons team. These 6 RTGs add to the existing fleet of Konecranes RTGs at APMT Apapa.
The RTGs have a lifting capacity of 41 tons each and are the Fuel Saver (hybrid) option, which cuts fuel consumption dramatically – providing flexibility, without compromising crane performance.
Traditionally, Konecranes sent technicians into West Africa to complete the handover alongside Paterson Simons, however, due to Covid restrictions, the Paterson Simons team is now solely completing the commissioning and handover.
Offloading the cranes involves:
• Removing the special lashings and protective measures for the sea voyage from the cranes
• Jacking the cranes up to align the bogies from their transport position
• Starting up the cranes on board
• Manoeuvring the cranes on board prior to the ship’s gear lifting them onto the quay
• Manoeuvring the landed cranes from the quayside to the yard
Commissioning the cranes involves:
• Assembly of handrails and ladders removed for safe transport
• Testing all functions
• Handover of the crane to the customer
We look forward to our continued support of APMT Apapa and thank you to the Paterson Simons team for this successful delivery!
Paterson Simons works with the biggest ports in West Africa, ensuring the delivery and commissioning of world-class lifting equipment, and installing dedicated teams to maintain the fleet. Port owners, like APMT and their customers across West Africa, rely on us for exceptional crane and heavy lifting sales, service, and support.