Rubber Tyred Gantry Cranes
Ports across West Africa are increasing their efficiency and capacity by switching to RTGs. We have amassed a wealth of experience in delivering, commissioning and servicing RTGs in West Africa. We currently have permanent crane engineering teams based in Tema, Ghana; Lome, Togo and Apapa, Nigeria servicing fleets of RTGs. We currently service a fleet of 150 RTGs throughout West Africa. The Konecranes RTG has been non-hydraulic since 1995, making for dramatic cost saving and less frequent maintenance.
- Increases terminal capacity by up to 25% from lift trucks.
- Engine options that can handle high-sulphur fuels.
- Full electric versions also available as in our LCT project
- The 16-wheel model has less load bearing than traditional 8-wheel models, making it appropriate for brown-field terminal development.
- Intelligent structure for excellent stability and improved duty cycle.
- DGPS container positioning system stores the exact location of every single container.
- Advanced crane management system for quick trouble shooting and performance monitoring.
- Anti-truck lift
- Stacked profiling
- Front and back-mounted cameras
- Anti-sway technology
- TRUCONNECT: Konecranes proprietary remote monitoring software