Location: West Africa
Working Environment: Container Terminals
Provide supervision and organization of the technical team for the End user customer’s contract. To Ensure the preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance and breakdown repairs are carried out timely and efficiently to an OEM standard.
1. Comply with PSAL Group employee handbook, policies & procedures. Incorporating contractual employment obligations.
2. Comply with Group safety policy & report all unsafe practice. Managing the safety of yourself and others at all times.
3. Coordinate preventive, corrective and breakdown teams.
4. Evaluate time to time our service in term of quality and quantity of jobs in aims to improve where it is needed.
5. Propose to the customer in collaboration with the reliability engineer and the contract manager continuous improvement of the service.
6. Be part of daily, weekly meetings as per the organization of the terminal
7. Make sure that the missing and the predicted required parts are highlighted to the customer on time and with traceability.
8. To liaise with the Paterson Simons & Co. Africa Ltd group for technical or commercial requirements (parts quotations or technical queries).
9. Time to Time, must be on field to audit the work done by the team.
10. Support the team on field when needed for Mechanical, Hydraulic, PLC, Electrical issues and the on-call duties.
11. Coordinate the external tasks and jobs based on the Rota and the available manpower.
12. Undertake work freely and address pending requirements promptly and professionally.
13. Knowledgeable on Port Operations and equipment.
14. Make sure Planned Maintenance / Corrective Maintenance & Repair work are conducted as OEM standards. All actions to be well structured and reported.
15. Conduct project work or other reasonable tasks associated to the effective maintenance of the contract equipment as directed by the contract manager.
16. Provide formal reporting to encompass all detail of work undertaken, time spent, tools used, root causes identified, parts replaced or further work required.
17. Ensure all activity is recorded to customers maintenance management system & PSAL reporting structure.
18. To keep abreast with Product Bulletins and other relevant publications e.g. Service Instructions.
19. To inform Management on safety concerns / defects or other information which would prevent equipment or personnel accident.
20. Provide troubleshooting and technical assistance in all group port equipment as directed by contract manager. E.g., Lift Trucks, Tractor Units, FLT’s, RTG Cranes, STS cranes, Mobile harbor cranes, Spreaders, Lift.
21. Ensuring delivery of the timelines agreed with customers are met and delays are both avoided and properly communicated.
22. To execute work to best practice in terms of Safety Standards and OEM maintenance requirements.
23. Seek to improve practices / procedures which could safely save engineering time and/or machine downtime.
1. To supervise the maintenance, corrective and Breakdown team ensuring the highest standard.
2. Do frequent meetings with the supervisors to have feedback of the field.
3. Ensuring all staff assigned to you operate effectively, efficiently and in line with EHS / Engineering best practice through the Seniors and the Shift leaders
4. Make sure that the major requirements for the job in terms of tools are fulfilled.
5. To transfer knowledge and skills to engineers in PSAL & its subsidiaries
Training & Development duties:
1. Participate openly in all forms of training for the benefit of the company and personal capability / safety.
2. Own your own development; seek courses to benefit your work in Port Services & present these ideas to contracts manager
A recognized qualification in engineering. Mechanical / Electrical engineering (Certificates / Diploma / Apprenticeship).
Fluent in English & French.
Technical & Technological:
Able to demonstrate technical competence in the field of Port cranes engineering over a period of at least 8 years’ experience.
PLC Siemens S7 300, 400 (SIMATIC manager)
Siemens SCADA System
Simotion or Starter to diagnose Siemens Drives especially S120 drives
Experienced in KC RTG troubleshooting and maintenance.
Experienced in Volvo Penta and Cummins engines & Alternators.
Experienced in ZPMC STS troubleshooting and maintenance.
Able to demonstrate a competence in team work and in self-starting.
Taking the lead to get actions underway and with consideration for safety and the equipment operating efficiency.
Be Proactive by anticipating issues.
1. Responsible & reliable
2. Honest & trustworthy
5. Cooperative and strong communicator (Written & verbal)
6. Ability to work long hours and maintain drive
7. Physical fitness and mental alertness
8. Excellent team player
How to apply:
To apply for the Service Manager role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and put ‘Service Manager’ in your email subject.