Plant Sales Co-ordinator
JOB TITLE: Plant Sales Co-ordinator
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Office
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Internal Plant Sales Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: 0
INDIRECT REPORTS: 0
1. JOB PURPOSE:
To assist and support the sales team in preparation and submission of quotations, orders and reports. Liaising with subsidiary plant teams and manufacturers as required.
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support the French and English-speaking Sales Managers in building new and existing client leads, updated spreadsheets.
2. Preparing plant offers against company requirements.
3. Ensuring that all customer queries are handled quickly and efficiently including monitoring and managing the company website enquires passing on the relevant departments to action.
4. Utilising supplier on-line databases for pricing and technical assistance where required to complete offers.
5. Assisting marketing department with email flyers for new, used and stock machines to be sold.
6. Obtaining freight rates from external freight companies, supplier logistic departments and via our own logistics team.
7. Processing and placing orders
8. Assisting with tender requests, compiling specification details to requirements, obtaining relevant documentation, liaising with suppliers and preparing offers to specific deadlines
9. Livedrive. Creation and management of LiveDrive for sales engineers to access remotely.
10. Keep generally up-to-date with data sheets and presentations as well as with general sales documentation.
11. Assisting ISO team with development and maintaining company records.
12. Comply with PSAL Group employee handbook, policies & procedures. Incorporating contractual employment obligations.
13. Comply with Group safety policy & report all unsafe practice. Managing the safety of yourself and others at all times.
14. Undertake work freely and address pending requirements promptly and professionally
15. Sales reporting
a) Collate data from Sales Engineers
b) Compile monthly reports for Principals based on updates supplied by Sales Engineers including hot offers, orders won and lost in that period
c) Review b) with MD and Sales Engineers
d) Update marketing department with new enquiry email addresses for newsletter issue
e) Attend weekly/monthly sales meetings to go through reporting
16. Manufacturer’s stock lists: filter data to show current new and used stock availability, convert to pdf and send to all sales engineers and marketing for use in future sales and marketing information
17. Marketing data: use data provided from detailing the number of hits and interest on the company website.
18. Provide assistance as required to regional plant sales managers for sales lead follow up as required.
19. Compile country reports for expanding markets.
Training & Development duties
1. Participate openly in all forms of training for the benefit of the company and personal capability / safety.
2. Own your own development; seek courses aligned to the business objectives & present costed case benefits for management decision. (Certainly, at appraisal, but expected periodically).
3. To transfer knowledge and skills to other members of the Plant Team but also across the company and its subsidiaries
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Degree or relevant industry experience
Technical & Technological
• Ability to learn and demonstrate technical knowledge of plant equipment to be developed through training
Specific Working Experience
• Relevant industry and export experience of use.
• Responsible & reliable
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Diplomatic and effective communicator (written and verbal) and able to communicate across many cultures, countries and communicate clearly to customers and suppliers with whom English is a second language.
• Strong French language skills.
How to apply:
To apply for the Plant Sales Co-ordinator role, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and put ‘Plant Sales Co-ordinator’ in your email subject.
- This role is based in Brighton, UK