Location: Brighton and Hove, Sussex
Department: Spare Parts
Working environment: Office
Reports directly to: Parts Manager
To ensure an efficient service to customers by dealing with all enquiries for spare parts received either directly from customers, deciphering or machine malfunction to assess parts required or via Engineers working with clients.
- Building relationships with customers, suppliers and manufacturers as well as with Company Engineers and subsidiary staff.
- Preparing detailed parts quotations for customers utilising all resources available including online resources, parts books, drawings, supplier pricing
- Determine replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests, or customers’ descriptions of
- Advise customers on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not
- Updating customers and answering queries regarding prices, lead times, technical issues
- Upon receipt of order from customer subsequently placing order with suppliers ensuring appropriate documentation is completed accurately and within timelines required by customer
- Liaise daily with subsidiaries in West Africa regarding spare part stock and requirements
- Following up on all orders and updating customer on progress
- Comply with PSAL Group employee handbook, policies & procedures. Incorporating contractual employment
- Comply with Group safety policy & report all unsafe practice. Managing the safety of yourself and others at all times.
Training & Development duties:
- Participate openly in all forms of training for the benefit of the company and personal capability / safety
- Own your own development; seek courses aligned to the business objectives & present costed case benefits for management decision. (Certainly at appraisal, but expected periodically).
Qualification & Skills:
Educational Qualification: Able to demonstrate a good level of education, particularly with regard to spoken and written language and mathematics, preferably with Maths and English GCSE or equivalent.
Technical & Technological: Computer literate with strong demonstrable knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel
Managerial: Able to demonstrate strong administrative and organisational skill
Specific Working Experience: Previous experience in a manufacturing, engineering or similar environment with a technical understanding and experience of the type of equipment supplied. Experience of export sales and aftersales support is also required in the role.
Ability to prioritise own workload in a busy pressured environment. Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
Strong attention to detail with a good level of numeracy.
Ability to deal with customers and suppliers from a diverse cultural background
French language skills would be beneficial but not essential.
How to apply:
To apply for the International Parts Co-ordinator role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and put ‘Parts Co-ordinator ’ in your email subject.