As there are various types of inspections, it’s important to understand which type your equipment requires.
Regularly scheduled crane inspections can save companies great expense by verifying compliance with local regulations and highlighting safety and production issues. Paterson Simons offers many types of inspections that are designed to meet local regulatory requirements.
The LOLER Statutory Inspection has been designed to inspect equipment for deficiencies and deviations as defined in the local statutory safety and health regulations set forth for a periodic compliance inspection.
A Paterson Simons trained, and qualified inspector will perform the inspection and give recommendations for repair, replacement, adjustment or calibration. Paterson Simons will provide an inspection report that fulfils local statutory requirements.
Here are the various types of inspections offered by Paterson Simons:
- Initial Inspection: (may also be referred to as PDI – Pre-Delivery Inspection / Post-Installation or Commissioning Inspection)
- LOLER Statutory Inspection: (also known as a Periodic Inspection)
- Frequent Inspection
- Major Inspection
- Electrical Inspection
- Mechanical Inspection
- Designed Working Period (DWP) Calculation
- Load Testing
- Non Destructive testing / examination – NDT / NDE
- Slings and Accessories LOLER Inspection
- Preventive Maintenance Inspections
- Condition Monitoring
- Inspection Schemes
For more detail on this, please read the full article here