Junior Accounts Assistant
Location: Brighton and Hove, Sussex
Full-Time / Permanent
Department: Subsidiary company accounts
Working environment: Office
Reports directly to: Subsidiary Accounts Manager
Indirect reports: numerous
To ensure accurate input of accounting data into accounting system. Timely reporting to management level. Take and execute instruction correctly .
• Ad-hoc Setting up new customer & supplier accounts into Sage (Inc. maintenance of corresponding master files).
• Daily preparation and entry of bank payments/ interbank transfers into Sage (Inc. validation, matching, write offs and distribution of subsequent queries).
• Daily preparation and entry of bank deposit schedules into Sage (Inc. cross referencing against previous day’s receipt schedule to ensure completeness, transferring money from our unbanked deposit account into the relevant accounts).
• Daily preparation and entry of Takoradi petty cash schedules (USD/GHS) into Sage (Inc. confirming opening balance agrees to previous day’s closing balance).
• Daily preparation and entry of Accra petty cash (GHS/USD) (Inc. confirming opening balance agrees to previous day’s closing balance).
• Daily preparation and entry of AR invoice schedule into Sage (Inc. matching/ write offs)
• Daily preparation and entry of AR receipts schedule into Sage (Inc. matching/ write offs)
• Weekly preparation and entry of Accra service petty cash (Inc. confirming opening balance agrees to previous weeks closing balance).
• Ad-hoc preparation, review, and entry of trek return forms (Inc. confirmation of completeness and subsequent queries).
• Bi-weekly preparation and distribution of TREK return report (Inc. review for accuracy, completeness, and adequate sign off).
• Bi-weekly preparation, reconciliation, and distribution of provisional receipt report.
• Ad-hoc preparation, review and entry of supplier invoices as received from Ghana.
• Daily payment allocation on supplier accounts within Sage (Inc. entry of necessary deduction/ adjustment journals).
• Preparation, completion, maintenance, and review of payment approval report for on-pass to manager.
• AD-hoc reporting and reconciliations as required by manager and other members of the account department.
Supervisory duties: N/A
Training & Development duties:
1. Participate openly in all forms of training for the benefit of the company and personal capability / safety.
2. Own your own development; seek courses aligned to the business objectives & present costed case benefits for management decision. (Certainly at appraisal, but expected periodically).
3. Potential to study for AAT professional examinations
Qualification & Skills:
Educational Qualification: Able to demonstrate a good level of education, particularly with regard to spoken and written language and mathematics, preferably with Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
Technical & Technological: Computer literate with strong demonstrable knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel
Managerial: Able to demonstrate strong administrative and organisational skill
Specific Working Experience: No specific relevant experience required but may be useful
Ability to prioritize own workload in a busy pressured environment. Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
Strong attention to detail with a good level of numeracy.
Ability to deal with customers and suppliers from a diverse cultural background
How to apply:
To apply for the Junior Accounts Assistant role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and put ‘Junior Accounts Assistant’ in your email subject.
- No specific relevant experience is required, but may be useful
- This role is based in Brighton, UK