KZ100 Synthetic Hoist Rope
- 80% ligther than wire
- Easy handling/reeving and installation
- Reduces number of change outs due to elimination of kinking, bird caging, or damage from diving
- Torque-neutral construction eliminates load spin and cabling
- Corrosion resistant – no rusing, no lubing
- Reduces risk of hand injury from broken wires
- Reduced wear on drums, sheaves
- Standardizes main and auxiliary hoist to one rope
- Same load pull and load chartbut with 5:1 safety factor
The combination of high-poerformance synthetic fibers provides strength similar to wire rope with over 80% in weiight reduction. The high strength of these high-performance fibers allows the rope to meet the maximum line pull requirements with a 5:1 safety factor. A proprietary coating has been added to KZ-100 to improve rope performance in cyclic bend over sheave applications inherent on mobile cranes.
The physical structure of KZ-100 also contributes to its performance characteristics. The rope construction provides a firm cross section that enables efficient multi-layer spooling, prevents load spin, birdg caging, and permanent damage due to improper spooling.
The result is a crane hoist line that is easy and safe to handle/reave, more durable for spooling, and can reduce weight in the overall system.