Please contact email@example.com with your CV
Accommodation – Provided
Transport – Provided
Flights and Visa – Provided
Laptop and Phone – Provided
3 months work, 3 weeks leave.
Provide electrical and electronic engineering support for contract teams, ensuring requisite standards are adhered to with all related documentation completed. Provide technical and electrical engineering support to the group maintenance contracts: Port Cranes & Spreaders
- Comply with PSAL Group employee handbook, policies & procedures. Incorporating contractual employment obligations.
- Comply with Group safety policy & report all unsafe practice. Managing the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Undertake work freely and address pending requirements promptly and professionally.
- Lead and implement project plans as required. Detailing time schedules, necessary resources and cost estimates.
- Maintain a clean workplace, tidy and orderly.
- To provide electrical and electronic engineering repairs on Port Cranes, carrying out planned maintenance as well as dealing with breakdowns quickly and efficiently so as to cause the least amount of machinery downtime.
- To assist with the electrical and electronic engineering of installation of machinery
- To carry out and record planned maintenance on Port Crane machinery and services as scheduled.
- To ensure good communication with other Engineering Shifts and Production Supervisors of past and present breakdowns / malfunctions
- Inform the Engineering Supervisor or Manager of any production downtime
- To ensure fault logs are kept up to date and all documentation is kept up to date and correct.
- To ensure production are made aware when work has been completed on any machinery / services.
- To inform Management on safety concerns / defects or other information which could prevent equipment or personnel accident.
- To liaise with the Paterson Simons & Co. Africa Ltd group for technical or commercial requirements (parts quotations or technical queries).
- To execute work to best practice in terms of Safety Standards and OEM maintenance requirements.
Ensuring all staff assigned to you operates effectively, efficiently and in line with EHS / Engineering best practice.
To transfer knowledge and skills to engineers in PSAL & its subsidiaries
Training & Development duties
Participate openly in all forms of training for the benefit of the company and personal capability / safety.
Systematically develop PSAL group local technical staff as a key objective & deliverable. Technical knowledge & skills.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- HV / MV qualified. FEd qualification in Electrical / Electronic engineering.
- Siemens / similar platform literate.
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound understanding and commitment to quality systems and procedures
- Good understanding of PLC systems.
Technical & Technological
- Able to demonstrate technical competence in the field of plant engineering over a period of at least 5 years’ experience.
- Specific Working Experience
- Excellent product and services knowledge
- 5 Years electrical experience on lifting equipment. Preferably Ship To Shore (STS) cranes.
- Proven track record in inspection / thorough examination activity on port equipment
- Responsible & reliable
- Self starter & leader
- Cooperative and strong communicator (Written & verbal)
- Ability to work long hours and maintain drive
- Physical fitness and mental alertness
- Ability to develop and manage people
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Self motivated with the ability to achieve results individually and as part of a team
- Excellent time management and organisation skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines