International Logistics Assistant Manager
Location: Brighton and Hove, Sussex
£28,000.00 – £30,000.00 – DOE
Full-Time / Permanent
An opportunity has arisen in our busy Logistics team based in Brighton, UK for the right person to assist in the running of the logistics department. Shipping heavy machinery and spare parts to many destinations in West Africa we provide the opportunity to work between the continents of Europe and Africa in a very multi-cultural environment. Our company has an excellent reputation for machine and parts sales, and service in West Africa which we work hard to maintain.
The job would include:
• Organising the workload of the seven-strong Logistics team.
• Reporting to the Logistics manager and assisting in the day-to-day running of the department.
• Processing and shipping orders by sea freight and airfreight from the sales teams.
• Issuing weekly reports to key customers.
• Completing documentation to the required standard and ensuring that the procedure for control of documents is followed.
After the initial training period, we shall expect to see ability in problem solving, providing solutions and being able to identify when a matter should be escalated to the Logistics Manager.
• A-levels or higher.
Specific Working Experience:
• Knowledge of supply chain especially international logistics, geographical knowledge of West Africa, French speaking would be an advantage.
• Must have strong IT skills with good working knowledge of Excel being essential.
• A strong international logistics background.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritise a full workload.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Able to communicate quickly and efficiently via email and telephone.
• The role will suit someone flexible who enjoys working in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Able to work under own initiative, manage own workload after appropriate training period, but also be a strong team player.
• Diplomatic and effective communicator and be able to communicate between cultures, countries, and communicate clearly where English is a second language.
• Understanding the importance of deadlines, and acting quickly in urgent situations.
How to apply:
To apply for the International Logistics Assistant Manager role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and put ‘International Logistics Assistant Manager’ in your email subject.