Location: Brighton and Hove, Sussex
£19,000.00 – £21,000.00 – DOE
Full-Time / Permanent
An opportunity has arisen in this busy Logistics team based in Brighton, UK for a junior Logistics Administrator to assist the other four members of the team in dispatching orders of port handling and mining machinery, and spare parts from Europe to many destinations within West Africa. This would provide the opportunity to work between the continents of Europe and Africa in a very multi-cultural environment. Our company has an excellent reputation for machine and parts sales, and service in West Africa which we work hard to maintain.
The job would include:
• Processing and shipping orders from the sales teams.
• Issuing weekly reports to key customers.
• Completing documentation to the required standard and ensuring that the procedure for control of documents is followed.
After the initial training period, we shall expect to see ability in problem-solving, providing solutions and being able to identify when a matter should be escalated to the Unit Manager.
• A-levels or higher.
Technical and Technological:
• The right personal attributes are more important than previous experience as full training will be given, however, the following would be beneficial: Knowledge of supply chain especially logistics, geographical knowledge of West Africa.
Specific Working Experience:
• Must have strong IT skills with good working knowledge of Excel being essential.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritise a full workload.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Able to communicate quickly and efficiently via email and telephone.
• The role will suit someone flexible who enjoys working in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Able to work under own initiative, manage own workload after appropriate training period, but also be a strong team player.
• Diplomatic and effective communicator and be able to communicate between cultures, countries, and communicate clearly where English is a second language.
• Understanding the importance of deadlines, and acting quickly in urgent situations.
How to apply:
To apply for the Logistics Administrator role, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and put ‘Logistics Administrator’ in your email subject.