Accounts Assistant – Subsidiaries
Paterson Simons & CO (Africa) Ltd
Brighton, Sussex Grangemouth, Falkirk
£28 – £30,000 per annum
Full-time / Permanent
An opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to support the Accounts Manager with ensuring accurate accounting for our subsidiaries. The role is based in our office in Brighton and after an initial training period the potential to work from home some days during the week is possible.
A general accounts role which will include:
- Accounts receivable to include checking invoices and entry into sage
- Credit control queries – liaising with counterparts in the subsidiaries to resolve unexplained allocations and deductions
- Production of trade debtor reports and thereafter attending review meetings, taking of minutes and where appropriate follow up of agreed action
- Month to date sales analysis to include comparison to previous years sales
- Bank reconciliation
- Inter company invoicing
- VAT/WHT collection, checking, matching and entry
AAT Level 3 would be advantageous
The right personal attributes are important for this role however an accounting background with previous experience of SAGE and a general understanding of British taxes and experience with control accounts and reconciliations is required.
- Computer literacy with experience of Microsoft office, particularly Excel along with working experience of SAGE
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills to work with our local team and overseas
- Understand the importance of deadlines and communicating
How to apply:
To apply for the Accounts Assistant – subsidiaries role, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and put ‘Accounts Assistant – subsidiaries ’ in your email subject.