Accounts Assistant – Paterson Simons
Location: Brighton and Hove, Sussex
Department: Main company accounts
Working environment: Office
Reports directly to: Accounts assistant manager and FD
Direct reports: 0
Indirect reports: numerous
To ensure accurate input of accounting data into accounting system. Timely reporting to management level. Take and execute instruction correctly.
• Ad-hoc Setting up new customer & supplier accounts into Sage (Inc. maintenance of corresponding master files).
• Processing of payment runs as identified by FD
• Post all Purchase invoices into Sage
• Reconciliation of Supplier statements and chasing for outstanding invoices.
• Checking of purchase invoices against Masterfile and supplier SA before posting to sage. General up keep of Supplier ledger
• Reconciliation of bank statements. Identify and clear any un matched transactions.
• Regular sale/cash report for management.
• Posting of sales invoices onto customer portals.
• Posting of sales invoices raised daily, ensure that discrepancies are dealt with and rectified Invoices checked to mater file. And PO
• Dealing with Minor subsidiary accounts. Posting of Invoices, payments, and standard control accounts .
• Dealing with intercompany charges and reconciliation of intercompany accounts
Training & Development duties:
1. Participate openly in all forms of training for the benefit of the company and personal capability / safety.
2. Own your own development; seek courses aligned to the business objectives & present costed case benefits for management decision. (Certainly at appraisal, but expected periodically).
3. Potential to study for AAT professional examinations
Qualifications & skills:
Able to demonstrate a good level of education, particularly with regard to spoken and written language and mathematics, preferably with Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
Technical & Technological
Computer literate with strong demonstrable knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel
Able to demonstrate strong administrative and organizational skill
Specific Working Experience
Sage experience would be preferred
Ability to prioritize own workload in a busy pressured environment. Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
Strong attention to detail with a good level of numeracy.
Ability to deal with customers and suppliers from a diverse cultural background
How to apply:
To apply for the Junior Accounts Assistant role, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and put ‘Accounts Assistant – Paterson Simons ’ in your email subject.