Parts Assistant – Inventory
Paterson Simons & Co. (Africa) Ltd
Full-time / Permanent/37.5 hrs per week
An opportunity has arisen for a Parts Assistant reporting to the Group Parts Manager, to develop and monitor strategic parts holdings for lifting equipment based in West and Central Africa. The parts holdings could be with customers (sold outright or on consignment), with subsidiaries or in a European location. Key targets are to ensure accurate and timely record keeping so that parts turn over, that the value of the holdings are appreciated by customers and that commercial risk to the Group (physical and financial: loss, damage, poor utilisation) is minimised.
This is a new role and is based in our office in Brighton and after an initial training period the potential to work from home some days during the week is possible.
The role includes but is not limited to:
• Working with the Group Parts Manager, PSAL engineers and OEM’s to analyse Group and customer inventory to identify slow moving items.
• Working with the Group Parts Manager, PSAL engineers and OEM’s to identify opportunities for customer-based consignment stocks where financially prudent.
• Working with the Group Parts Manager, PSAL engineers and OEM’s to identify opportunities for strategic inventories located with subsidiaries in West and Central Africa.
• Working with the Group Parts Manager, PSAL engineers and OEM’s to identify opportunities for strategic inventories located in Europe.
• To oversee the integrity of all PSAL Group owned inventory and ensure regular stock counts are completed and analysed (quality and quantity) and any non-conformities are reported to the Group Parts Manager and resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
English and Maths GCSE or equivalent
Other languages (particularly French) an advantage.
A tertiary qualification in Inventory Management (or comparable work experience).
Computer literate with strong demonstrable knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel and MS Dynamics
Technical expertise in cranes and lifting equipment would be desirable but no means essential as full training will be given on product and systems.
Able to demonstrate strong administrative and organisational skill.
Knowledge and experience of working in a commercial environment, dealing with complex inventory.
Experience of export sales and aftersales support is also desirable, again full training will be provided
Knowledge and experience of working in a commercial environment, dealing with complex inventory would also be desirable.
How to apply: please send your CV and covering letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and put Parts Assistant in your email.