We conducted two intensive training sessions in Takoradi, Ghana recently for service personnel from our own team and from those among our Grove customers.
The GMK training was very well attended, with 14 participants from Pasico, as well as Petro-Sea Logistics (Ivory Coast), Ghana Ports and Harbour Authority and Mobicrane (Ghana), Sabodala Gold (Senegal) and Grue Safety Africa (Guinea). The first training session covered the GMK based on schematics of the GMK 5130-2.
- Hydraulics symbols and circuit analysis limited to the Superstructure
- Piston Pumps and LS principle
- Main and Auxiliary functions
- Electrical symbols and circuit analysis in the Superstructure
The final test was a theory quiz plus actual electrical and hydraulic measurements on Mobicranes's GMK.
The Grove RT (Rough Terrain) training attracted 7 participants, who covered the RT electricals and hydraulics followed by a practical session on Mobicrane's Grove RT 880. Topics covered included:
- Introduction and terminology
- Hydraulics symbols and circuit analysis
- Electrical symbols and circuit analysis
- Study of chassis and cranes functions with troubleshooting aid
The final test took place on site and included a theory quiz plus electrical and hydraulics measurements on the crane, which included can bus checks and pressures checks.
Grue Africa's Commercial Safety Officer, Willy Sanihouidi, said of the training:
"We thank you for the welcome reserved to Jawad. He testified to the quality of the training. We will not hesitate to consult for any need or other training cases."